Barrack Obama and LinkedIn
President Barrack Obama has been embracing social media platforms of late in a bid to engage the American people with recent town hall events at Facebook and Twitter now complimented by a new event which Obama will hold at Linkedin on the 26th of September. It’s called Putting America Back to Work: LinkedIn Presents a Town Hall with President Obama and it will feature a mixture of questions from the audience as well as the most popular questions from this Linkedin thread which will be voted on by users. Obama won all sorts of praise for his use of social media in the run up to his election as president and the way in which he has been talking to different online communities of late has been impressive. You do have to wonder though how much of this is about actually wanting to listen to people and how much is to do with the build up to the election which is due to take place this time next year. I’m not saying that Obama doesn’t want to listen to what people have to say and it is admirable that he is doing it via such an open platform like Linkedin but it would have been great to see this sort of engagement during the first half of his term as well. In terms of what can be done about the American economy and getting people back to work it might take a little bit more than a town hall discussion to solve the massive problems they have.
- Putting America Back to Work: LinkedIn Presents a Town Hall with President Obama (whitehouse.gov)
- Getting back to work – Obama to do LinkedIn town hall (politico.com)
- LinkedIn Town Hall with President Obama: Putting America Back to Work (linkedin.com)
- Obama’s Next Social Media Stop: LinkedIn (blogs.wsj.com)
- President Obama will do live town hall at Linkedin Monday in Mountain View (sfgate.com)