Civil Engineer Jobs
A civil engineer is a person who practices civil engineering; the application of planning, designing, constructing, maintaining, and operating infrastructures while protecting the public and environmental health, as well as improving existing infrastructures that have been neglected.
Civil engineers are involved with the design, development and construction of a huge range of projects in the built and natural environment. Their role is central to ensuring the safe, timely and well-resourced completion of projects in many areas, including highway construction, waste management, coastal development and geotechnical engineering.
Consulting civil engineers liaise with clients to plan, manage, design and supervise the construction of projects. They work in a number of different settings and, with experience, can run projects as a project manager. Civil engineering offers many opportunities as well as the satisfaction of helping to improve and enhance public quality of life in many settings.
Civil Engineer Recruitment Agency – JobContax Current Civil Engineer Jobs
JobContax specialises in the Global Recruitment of Civil Engineers. JobContax has over 10 years experience in the Civil Engineering Sector and has a worldwide network of contacts within the industry. JobContax has long standing partnerships with some of the world’s largest ECPM Contractors and has been a recruitment partner on some of the world’s largest Civil Projects.
JobContax understand the trade offs between career progression and relocation
|Civil Engineer Jobs Asia||Civil Engineer Jobs Australia||Civil Engineer Jobs Canada|
|Civil Engineer Jobs Ireland||Civil Engineer Jobs UK||Civil Engineer Jobs Middle East|
|Civil Engineer Jobs New Zealand||Civil Engineer Jobs China||Civil Engineer Jobs.|
Civil Engineer Jobs by E-Mail
Would you like to receive an e-mail as soon as JobContax post a new job to their website?
Click the following link to register: Civil Engineer Jobs by E-Mail
Civil Engineer Jobs by RSS
Would you like to receive an update directly to your RSS reader as soon as JobContax post a new job to their website?
Click the following link to register: Civil Engineer Jobs by RSS
To view a video tutorial on what RSS is and how to use it click the link: JobContax RSS Tutorial
Civil Engineer Specialities
Civil engineers usually practice in a particular specialty, such as construction engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, land development, transportation engineering, hydraulic engineering, and environmental engineering. Some civil engineers, particularly those working on large scale projects, may practice across multiple specializations, particularly when involved in critical infrastructure development or maintenance.
Civil Engineer Job Description
Within civil engineering, consulting engineers are the designers whereas contracting engineers turn their plans into reality. Consulting civil engineers provide a wide range of services to clients. During the early stages of a career, work will involve taking responsibility for minor projects, but the size of the projects may increase as experience is gained. Typical work activities include:
- undertaking technical and feasibility studies and site investigations;
- developing detailed designs;
- assessing the potential risks of specific projects, as well as undertaking risk management in specialist roles;
- supervising tendering procedures and putting together proposals;
- managing, supervising and visiting contractors on site and advising on civil engineering issues;
- overseeing the work of junior staff or mentoring civil engineers throughout the chartership process;
- communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues and architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients;
- thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems;
- managing budgets and other project resources;
- managing change, as the client may change his or her mind about the design. Ensuring relevant parties are notified of changes in the project;
- leading teams of other engineers, perhaps from other organisations or firms;
- compiling, checking and approving reports;
- reviewing and approving project drawings;
- using a range of design computer packages for designing projects and undertaking complex and repetitive calculations;
- scheduling material and equipment purchases and delivery;
- attending public meetings to discuss projects, especially in a senior role;
- adopting all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, good manufacturing practices and safety on all work assignments;
- ensuring that a project runs smoothly and that the structure is completed on time and within budget;
- correcting any project deficiencies that affect production, quality and safety requirements prior to final evaluation and project reviews.