Process Engineer Jobs
Process engineering (also called process systems engineering) focuses on the design, operation, control, and optimization of chemical, physical, and biological processes through the aid of systematic computer-based methods. Process engineering encompasses a vast range of industries, such as petrochemical, mineral processing, advanced material, food, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industries.
Process Engineer Job description
A process engineer develops economical industrial processes to make the huge range of products on which modern society depends, including: food and drink; fuel; artificial fibres; pharmaceuticals; chemicals; plastics; toiletries; energy; and clean water. Process engineers may work in small, medium and large businesses. The work is concerned with chemical and biochemical processes in which raw materials undergo change, and involves scaling up processes from the laboratory into the processing plant. Responsibilities involve designing equipment, understanding the reactions taking place, installing control systems, and starting, running and upgrading the processes. Environmental protection and health and safety aspects are also significant concerns.
Process Engineer Recruitment Agency – JobContax Process Engineer Jobs
JobContax specialises in the Global Recruitment of Process Engineers. JobContax has over 10 years experience in the Process Engineering Sector and has a worldwide network of contacts within the industry. JobContax has long standing partnerships with some of the world’s largest ECPM Contractors and Irish based Multinationals in the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical sectors.
Process Engineer Jobs by E-Mail
Would you like to receive an e-mail as soon as JobContax post a new job to their website?
Click the following link to register: Process Engineer Jobs by E-Mail
Process Engineer Jobs by RSS
Would you like to receive an update directly to your RSS reader as soon as JobContax post a new job to their website?
Click the following link to register: Process Engineer Jobs by RSS
To view a video tutorial on what RSS is and how to use it click the link: JobContax RSS Tutorial
Work is project-orientated and you may be working on a number of projects, all at various different stages, at any given time. Several process engineering companies act as consultancies. Typical work activities include:
- assessing processes for their relevance, and assessing the adequacy of engineering equipment;
- reviewing existing data to see if more research and information need to be collated;
- designing, installing and commissioning new production units, monitoring modifications and upgrades, and troubleshooting existing processes;
- applying the principles of mass, momentum and heat transfer to process and equipment design, including conceptual, scheme and detail design;
- conducting process development experiments to scale in a laboratory;
- preparing reports, flow diagrams and charts;
- assessing the availability of raw materials and the safety and environmental impact of the plant;
- managing the cost and time constraints of projects;
- selecting, managing and working with sub-contractors;
- supporting the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations;
- assuming responsibility for risk assessment, including hazard and operability (HAZOP) studies, for the health and safety of both company staff and the wider community;
- working closely with chemical engineers to monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of a plant;
- ensuring the process works at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs;
- making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved;
- assuming responsibility for environmental monitoring and ongoing performance of processes and process plant;
- ensuring that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulations;
- working closely with other specialists, including: scientists responsible for the quality control of raw materials, intermediates and finished products; engineers responsible for plant maintenance; commercial colleagues on product specifications and production schedules; and the operating crew.
Process Engineer Specialities
- Process design: synthesis of energy recovery networks, synthesis of distillation systems (azeotropic), synthesis of reactor networks, hierarchical decomposition flowsheets, superstructure optimization, design multiproduct batch plants.Design of the production reactors for the production of plutonium,desin of nuclear submarines.
- Process control: model predictive control, controllability measures, robust control, nonlinear control, statistical process control, process monitoring, thermodynamics-based control
- Process operations: scheduling process networks, multiperiod planning and optimization, data reconciliation, real-time optimization, flexibility measures, fault diagnosis
- Supporting tools: sequential modular simulation, equation based process simulation, AI/expert systems, large-scale nonlinear programming (NLP), optimization of differential algebraic equations (DAEs), mixed-integer nonlinear programming (MINLP), global optimization